The program seeks outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate evidence of experience, motivation and commitment toward the ideals of the Levine Scholars Program. Requirements include:
- Students must be applicants for freshman enrollment at UNC Charlotte in a baccalaureate program for the fall term immediately following their high school graduation. Students must be admitted to UNC Charlotte to receive a Levine Scholarship.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge, and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- While there are no minimum SAT, ACT or grade point averages to apply for the Levine Scholarship, students must excel academically. While there are no minimum academic requirements to apply for the Levine Scholarship, students must excel in their intellectual pursuits and show evidence of experience, motivation and commitment toward the ideals of the program.
- For 2021 freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities caused by COVID-19.
- Test scores, if submitted, will not be the primary reason for our decision; they are considered in context and as supplemental information.
The average and middle-50 percent ranges for our 2020 finalists are below.
Mid-50 (two-part): 1350-1400
Average (two-part): 1375
Average (weighted): 4.74
Average (unweighted): 3.9